The Power of Dialogue: Constructive Conversations on Divisive Issues
Early Bird Special:
Register with a Friend:
NCDD & NAFCM Member Rate:
The Power of Dialogue (POD) is a highly interactive workshop for practitioners, leaders, and others interested in transforming conflicted conversations. Participants will build upon and expand their facilitation skills to create conversations that foster mutual understanding between groups and individuals divided by deep differences.
- The dynamics of polarization and conflict, including the effects of strong emotion on our capacity for communication
- The difference between the intent and impact of speaking
- Ways of speaking, listening, and asking questions that open up conversation and relationships
- Core components of Reflective Structured Dialogue
- A “dialogic” mindset: the ability to create a space for multiple complex or conflicting views
- Questions for personal reflection, opening dialogue and shaping conversation
- The process of dialogue—preparing participants, planning, facilitating, and participating—via an extended dialogue simulation
- The power of connecting with practitioners from different fields who are committed to transforming conflicted conversations
Public Conversations' workshops have limited enrollment. Continuing Education units for this workshop are available through NASW, NBCC, and MAMFT.
For more information or assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Conversations Project is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
“The workshop structure, especially the stimulation, really invited me to a much deeper place of understanding.”
I felt an amazing sense of accomplishment when the workshop ended; that I'd done something important for my community and something important for me.