We all possess leadership skills that can be cultivated and harnessed to more effectively inspire, motivate and accomplish our purposes. Unlike many leadership theories or courses, Reflective Leadership focuses on relationship: with yourself and with others. It is a theory and practice grounded in purpose, clarity and reflection, well suited for leaders across sectors. This workshop will help you utilize practices of reflection, inquiry, and dialogue to reinvigorate and enhance organizational leadership in the face of daily pressures and challenges.
- Identify core leadership skills, in yourself and others, as well as barriers to effective leadership and strategies to overcome them.
- Identify and strengthen existing resources - internal and relational - for your development as a leader.
- Deepen your connection to the values, intentions, and purposes that brought you to your current role.
- Enhance your emotional intelligence to foster better communication and trust with others.
- Broaden your repertoire for hosting and participating in constructive conversations across challenging differences.
As a result of this workshop, you will be equipped to:
- Set a vision that is compelling and clear by focusing on purpose, direction and values.
- Develop concrete ways to “become the change you want to see in the world,” by building shared ownership of an organization’s vision, goals, and strategies.
- Inspire, motivate, and intentionally develop staff.
- Hold people at all levels of an organization accountable with clear expectations and a framework for learning.
Who might participate:
- Nonprofit leaders seeking to enhance collaboration and mutual accountability among staff.
- Team managers in need of tools to develop, train, and manage staff more effectively.
- Executive coaches looking to promote greater reflection with clients navigating career challenges or changes.
- Students or adult learners interested in personal development in leadership.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-923-1216 ext. 10.
There are no upcoming events for this workshop right now. Please check back later or contact us.
Facilitation Practice, Reflection, Interpersonal Skills, Preparation and Purpose
I was impressed with the intentionality of every aspect of this training and the exercises we went through that are models and served as relationship-building tools.